- Adam has a hernia repair.
- I work my tail off building raised beds out of salvaged wood, freeze my plants twice because I forgot that I had taken them out to air, and manage to get my garden in the ground just in time to hopefully get some produce by the time the autumn frost hits.
- Don and Ada Hinton Family Reunion
- Dustin's reception
- Hectic, lots of visiting and food, and a late night.
- Need I say more?
- Hectic, lots of visiting and food, and a late night.
- Sleeping arrangements a little tight considering two more families have been established since the last reunion; but we worked things out and all seemed to rest well.
- Damon and McKenzie once again hit it off. They decide they maybe could get married when they grow up.
- We reminisce about having crushes on our cousins when we were little.
- Decide that perhaps we should talk to the kids about "kissing cousins" in the near future.
- We reminisce about having crushes on our cousins when we were little.
- We work like crazy to finish all the house improvements we've started.
- Adam is offered a job at Lincoln Academy in Pleasant Grove, UT.
- Now we at least know where we are going.
- Damon gets to attend Kindergarten at Lincoln Academy. He starts in September.
- Now we at least know where we are going.
- We start actively trying to sale our house with no luck.
- Lavar Hinton Family Reunion in Flagstaff, AZ
- Adam, the kids, and I go on a hike. Ashton enjoys the trip on our backs. Damon loves every minute and is still bouncing when we finish.
- Have lots of fun with the family. Damon meets Lizzie and now feels she might be a good prospect for marriage, too.
- Sean and Micole's daughter, Hadley, gets lost in the woods and Adam and I with Ashton on my back set out to help find her. We don't have much luck but she is found by a couple and brought to the fire station.
- Adam, the kids, and I go on a hike. Ashton enjoys the trip on our backs. Damon loves every minute and is still bouncing when we finish.
- Damon goes fishing with Emily and Autumn.
- We are still working to finish our home improvements. Adam finally puts in the grass in the backyard—of course too late for us to enjoy it, but at least it's done.
- We put on a Patriotic fireside. It goes really well, and there are lots of tears.
- For the first time I get so emotional, I need help finishing a song. Adam sings with me.
- The spirit is there and I keep thinking how lucky I am to know such good kids.
- For the first time I get so emotional, I need help finishing a song. Adam sings with me.
- We advertise the house for rent, get no calls till almost a month later.
- We throw a late-night going away party for Damon.
- All his friends and the neighborhood kids come.
- We play games, eat pizza, play the wii, watch a movie on our front lawn, and roast smores.
- All his friends and the neighborhood kids come.
- Adam and I have a party with my voice students.
- We eat, sing crazy karaoke, and watch Little Shop of Horror
- Have a teary goodbye.
- Pack up and move the first week of August. The ward helps a tons to load us in the moving trailer.
- We're exhausted and burned out, but still have a lot to do. Make a couple more trips home to finish everything.
- We stay at Ammon's family cabin in Bear Lake for the weekend.
- Damon and especially Ashton have a blast in the sand.
- Damon, Ashton and I go out on the boat.
- Ashton spends his time staring at the water over the edge of the boat.
- Damon is very brave and goes out on the tube.
- I am brave, too, and also ride the tube.
- Despite missing Adam, we all have a lot of fun.
- Ashton spends his time staring at the water over the edge of the boat.
- Adam Starts work; and, shortly after, school begins. He has high hopes that this will be a much more positive experience.
- Get a couple prospective renters/buyers for our home. After hopeful negotiations we find that neither was ever actually seriously considering our home.
- We move into my Parent's fifth wheel until we find renters/buyers for the house.
- We're parked at Eastbay RV Park and are enjoying the swimming pool and the convenience of being close to stores.
- Damon goes stir-crazy waiting for kindergarten to begin while being cooped up in the trailer.
- We take advantage of the various parks in the area.
- Ashton handles the move much better than Damon. Damon grieves the loss of his friends and his freedom.
- I keep praying that we will take care of the house soon so we can move into a place where we can put down some roots.
- Part of me is really enjoying Utah Valley and thinks this might be a good place to settle while another part of me feels like we still might be in transition.
- I keep praying that we will take care of the house soon so we can move into a place where we can put down some roots.
- We eat, sing crazy karaoke, and watch Little Shop of Horror
Through it all, the good and the bad, I continue to see blessings being poured down from Heaven. Naturally a big planner, I'm learning to be a little more patient and to have a little more faith. I just hope to be able to feel the promptings of the spirit more clearly and to better enjoy the journey. For I know Heavenly Father loves us, He wants us to be happy, and he will help us to end in a place where we may find fulfillment, happiness, safety, and joy.
1 comment:
Nice "summer-y" of your summer! :) We certainly hope things work out for you soon the way you want.
Post a Comment