Our first picture of Ashton
Because I was considered a high-risk pregnancy, I had to have stress tests twice a week: and, let me tell ya, if I didn't have stress before, those tests sure did a good job at giving it to me. I really wanted to give birth the traditional way, but since I was high-risk and I'd had a previous c-section, I only had a small window to let nature do it's work. The doctor gave me until I was 38 weeks to go into labor on my own. I was having contractions, but they weren't doing anything. Just another week is all I needed, I'm sure. Anyway, I got looking at the added risks: being on blood thinners, previous c-section, and then the worry about how it all would affect the baby and I decided to be a good girl and do what the doctor told me (yes, my attitude was okay, even if it could have been a little better).
So, Ashton was born on July 1, 2009 at 7:31 AM. He was 20" long, and weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. For being two weeks early, he was a big boy! I knew he would be, though, because as soon as I could feel him, it seemed like he was covering more space than Damon ever had. Much of the time I could feel him stretching way down low as well as way up in my rib cage. It was often uncomfortable, but at least I could feel him moving and that gave me comfort to know he was still thriving inside me. I know, a little paranoid, but after waiting for 3 1/2 years for him, I was anxious to get him here safe and sound.
He was a beautiful, chubby baby who has since thinned out a bit. Nonetheless, he is still beautiful and is getting funner every day.
Waiting before the C-section...
Damon had to keep himself occupied somehow.
Here is when our angel was born:
Isn't he the cutest...Of course I thought this about Damon too.
Just look at his chubby cheeks and double chin. It's just so squeezable.
My parents and Adam's mom were there. After everyone got to spend a few minutes with the baby (over an hour after the c-section! Unacceptable!), Damon went to stay with Adam's parents for a few days and my parents headed home for some much needed rest, Meadow is about 2 hours away from Cedar City.
I definately believe in love at first sight.
It was the same with Damon.

No comments:
Post a Comment