Not much has happened this week. Adom's still working on our master bathroom. It's coming along nicely. Just a little mud and paint and we'll be done. I finally got around to some painting that I've wanted to get done for a while now, and now I just have to get to the decluttering of our house. Fun. (Can you feel the sarcasm?)
Ashton is bouncing back wonderfully. He's handsy and smiling and I can't get enough of him. Damon's doing well in school. After months of effort, he's finally caught on to the idea of rhyming. It's really fun to see him lit up about learning. Occasionally I catch him at the bathroom or kitchen sink making a mess with who-knows-what and when I get after him he says, "but I'm doing science." He probably gets away with more than he should, but I'm just glad to see him working his brain. As long as his actions aren't dangerous or destructive, I'm okay with a little mess.
We're slowly spreading the word about leaving Beaver. I still haven't told my voice students, I'm waiting for the best time. While some won't really think it a big deal, about half will be upset, and leaving them will upset me as well. I've grown pretty attached to some of them. Teaching these girls has given me a chance to feel like I'm making a difference, that I have something to contribute to my small world.
It will be a while yet before we have any definitive plans for next year. I've never been one to deal well with uncertainty, but I'm doing my best to stay relaxed and keep the anxiety at bay. I'm trying not to hover over Adam with too many questions regarding his job search. We try to keep the communication open; however, it's not easy for me to not give more than my fair share input. It's just that sometimes I feel if I didn't push a little, we might miss important opportunities, and his job search does affect the whole family. Don't get me wrong, he would definitely take care of things on his own. I do have faith in him. I'm simply one of those people who feels like I must have a certain degree of control over my future or else I get overwhelmed with anxiety and, yes, even fear. The best remedy for worry is action in my mind. I guess that's why I've been pushing to get our house on the market by next weekend, because I'm doing something about the unkown. It's one way in which I can take action. I feel that Heavenly Father can help us more easily when we are busy helping ourselves. He can't guide us in the right direction when we're standing still. It is when I'm taking action that I feel comfort the most and can even sense His approval of my efforts.
Other than that, our lives continue as normal, and I'm feeling happy in the everyday things that come my way (save my chronic sinus infections--I don't like those very much).
No comments:
Post a Comment