Sunday, March 28, 2010

It keeps going, and going, and going...

So, the first thing that happened this week was this--



First I thought it was a spider bite, then it got blisters and was tender so I thought I'd gotten a burn somehow without realizing it. Then it spread farther and the blisters turned into more smaller blisters, and I thought maybe it really is a spider bite. That's when I got onto the internet and looked up information and pictures of spider bites; and, yes, that's what it was. The pictures above are on day 5, when it was already beginning to heal. If I would have realized what it actually was earlier, when it looked really bad, I would have probably panicked and gone to the doctor. Sometimes it pays to be ignorant. At least it saved me a co-pay.

We've been working really hard to get our house done. I wanted to finish by the end of the weekend--we're still a ways away from completing everything. Oh, well. We'll just keep trudging on...



Since we don't have a sink in Damon's bathroom right now and our hot water's not currently accessible in the master bath sink, Damon's been stealing our big stool to wash his hands at the kitchen sink. I'm constantly either tripping over while I'm cooking or looking for it when I need to do a project. I can't wait till order returns to our house. Then again, perhaps there was never order in the first place.


Ashton has about had it with us neglecting him (not really, but you'd think so with the way he carries on when we put him down on the floor or in his jumper). So, he got to help daddy paint, if you can consider it helping. He spent most the time trying to get a hold of the brush. Knowing him, I'm sure he wanted to taste-test it. What a cutie-petutie.



This is a nightly ritual. After family prayer, Adam tucks Damon in and reads him a story. Right now they're working on a graphic novel about Robin Hood. Occasionally, when he's not ornery at bed-time, Ashton joins them for the story. He's not quite ready to pay attention, but we'll keep workin' on him. :)



No comments: