It seems that as Damon continues to grow, he becomes more and more like Adam. Nearly every day he is does something new and I think, "Like father like son." However, he still has a "Damon twist" to the things he does. Last week, I was on a step-stool, painting the wall above Damon's bedroom door when, suddenly, his doorknob fell to the ground. Shortly thereafter, he was able to widdle the rest of the doorknob out of the hole and he swung the door open to hold up a screw driver and the dissembled metal object, happily displaying his most recent accomplishment. I should have use it as a teaching moment, but I couldn't keep myself from laughing out loud and shaking my head. Serves me right for leaving the tools in his reach.
Needless to say, the doorknob is going to be the least of our concerns. I later had to put one of his toys back together after he had spent some time trying to figure out how it worked; and now, he's started on items such as the bathroom sink and our sliding door. I'm glad he's inherited his father's curiousity, I just don't want to have our house come crumbling down because he's detached a supporting wall or something--because trust me, if it can be done, he'll find a way...
1 comment:
Yep - Like Father like son! I love it! :)
Post a Comment